And I do not mean, as is usually positive. No, with "black" I mean really ... zappenduster
What's it about? Mainly to the university. Beginning of the semester was already the first shock, as was found in our library, asbestos and it was closed then post.
We were cut off not only from our important books and articles, no, countless of printers, computers, and jobs were all removed. After a few semesters we have tables and chairs in favor of a totally unnecessary Student Service Center (SEF) took away the places where we meet, learn and work can less and less. Parts of the cafeteria are now flooded by students outside mealtimes and if it is not disappear even at peak times around noon preprogrammed chaos. A small room is specially equipped with chairs and tables for individual learning, but these jobs are only a drop in the bucket. In the summer we have still the possibility of the surrounding pastures to avoid or go to the Unistrand, but now, in winter, it's not possible. I have always used the library much because it was warm there and I had a place that me an outlet and a could have stable Internet connection at a time. Such places are here at the university that is very very rare! Fortunately for me, we stay since moving into the city very cheap, so I come quickly from the home university and can work as well there as well and in peace.
I've also bought a new printer cartridge separately, which, incidentally, is already empty (Memo to me even to buy new black cartridge) because the few printers that are now before the Bib are always crowded. Unless you are at night appears by 2 clock always long queues in front of the few devices. Although isolated and over again somewhere which distributed in the different wings, but these are not even signposted sufficient. So if you want fast printing what, it is very likely that you get lost on a mostly futile, search for a free copy and a lot too late in his seminar. With the computer courses it looks even worse. Exactly two, TWO are faced with the Bib. In the scientific Bib which operate either, but they are without the loss of our other units already heavily frequented. Fortunately, now almost everyone has a laptop, but is the wireless reception here so modest that one in three quarters of the university gets no internet access ... A few, selected people have more luck and have a tutor or student assistant job and with even more luck an office in which one either has a working PC, or at least an internet cable.
are now part of the library reopened. The J-range (where the lawyers sit) is again accessible, and thus a part of the group study rooms. Nice for the Juris, what about us? the worst-affected area is of course, the Faculty of Humanities, ie history, literature, linguistics and so everything was linked is just as languages for teaching, Cultural Studies of Ancient, British and American Studies, undundund. So far, I consider that a person not so affected, but rather those who have to hold throughout the year many presentations, literature is not provided by their lecturers receive or send just one or another Zula thesis. meet people like me are now very hard to the end of term, for how should we write our papers without literature? Since I have to commend the departments of times, at least Literature and linguistics. Our teachers are really fair and provide us with much literature (partly illegal because they are put on-line copies) available. Some offer to take over the charges for interlibrary loans and publish their books for private copies. As far as I have heard from representatives of other student bodies, the other professional services are not all that completely, but our FBs eh very cozy in need and do it all make (teachers, students and staff) right .
was now of course the Bad news, which is our area of the library is closed indefinitely because no one knows how long it will take time before everything is cleaned. Meanwhile there is the possibility to get some books from the Bib out to be. Which are then purified separately. However, it may take two to three weeks ...
So much for our Bib. These are very serious conditions to study properly, but comes to our FB (also for linguistics or linguistics) it even harder. This is true now but the students only indirectly, but it is a fiasco anyway.
was yesterday and today a commission that would ultimately decide whether the Department receives money or not, more detail, now I want to bore anyone. In any case, the ladies and gentlemen, witness appeared no longer-Say, no money. As bad as it would not if it would just only mean there are not more money. Unfortunately, the money so badly needed by FB but that now that it is not granted disappear, jobs are out there at the moment. This is of course a disaster for the people standing there are now no job!
us students in the Generally relates to the extent that without these posts the syllabus and can not be increased. No new posts = no new lectures, seminars, courses. Students like myself that little bit harder, since I for my master to a PhD position, ie, to a point in the research, hope. Through the money should also be new positions funded in this area that are dropped just now too. So, crap, crap, MIST !
All of the FB are now tempered accordingly. The heads hanging, some are angry, grumpy, many are sad, shocked and some on the ground destroyed. I can not say for sure, plus I had not been with enough people contact, but some also make sure allegations. Had one or the other can not help it express? Or should have been responsive to some aspects more or less?
As I have said so already, a black day today and a black general term for the humanities and especially the science of language here in Konstanz ...
I hope that now I have bored anyone too much, but would then not read this far, right? I myself am fascinated that I have produced such a long text and have added a single picture. The issue is not me but now after making some happy pictures in, this would not be fit.
Otherwise, I hope that at least some of it at least found something interesting, what I have told here and it will be to read more impressions from my university life here. So if this really who cares what's going on at the university so I can gladly write to the Sun Since I Hiwi, tutor and student representative in a committee and student council member to still am I have just a few glimpses behind the scenes of the university institution, a "normal" Student gets just not so with. but now I hear time and hope from which I could soon write about something pleasant.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Bleach Discoloured My Clother
A black day - a black semester
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment