have in my entry about 5 things I do not like I already mentioned that I can not stand attention. Today I want to highlight this matter even more clearly and to express my feelings in words right times.
The first thing to do is to reiterate again how much I hate attention. On the street, on the bus, at university, shopping and everywhere else in public. I just do not like when someone looks at me. Every time I have the feeling that these people anything bad think about me. I know I really should not matter, but every time I feel any attention to me, I will not get rid of this feeling. Even if there are no eyes, the feeling is always there.
Once I overcome this feeling, I feel incredibly uncomfortable. I get nervous, hectic and just want to get away to some place where no one sees me or where I can feel reasonably confident. Even in elementary school I had to find that a complete stranger
now I'm really good at it though, I say all this to at least outwardly, no longer can. All attempts to convince me these are all just imagination failed, but I let myself not long so much influenced by this feeling of insecurity. I have no problem to speak to a course a Smeinar to ask questions or give a tutorial full of students in front of the monkey. I still have to overcome quite, but it will from time to time better.
This is very easy to answer. At one point I thought it was just not to feel the appraising glances when I walked in wearing jeans and T-shirt around. I just could nciht understand why I, in my opinion, it looked stupid. I looked like everyone else. A little chubby, but certainly not fat. Not exactly modern, but not with clothes off the rack. Actually, I was really average. I had not really intended to attract attention, should have to be invisible. Just as I understand it, much as I wished to be truly invisible ...
some point then joined to a further feeling of fear and anxiety, which frightens me these looks: Defiance. Reiner, childish and strong defiance! I wanted to give people something to stare at and that's got it!
It is hard to believe, but since I feel so much (even) more secure. Since I now know exactly why people stare at me when they do, it makes me suddenly from nothing. It is as if I could control their thoughts and their opinion of me somehow and divert me so in the appropriate lanes. This, as it is for me to understand what they might think of me, I take even the fear of the opinions that other people might have about me. Man It could almost be described as a kind of power, but also as a piece of self-determination that I have won back to me so after they had thrown some idiot in the elementary school out of the window. And I firmly believe that she belongs to me alone, self-determination!
It has been my very important, even 'normal' and adapted to look, because in some situations, it may (survival) notwensig be easy to look like any other, and not to attract attention. Especially when it comes to a future job at a bookstore, I can not advance with torn stockings and "work sucks" button. Since time must serve the white blouse and pinstriped skirt (even if the latter carried a few nights until the Goth Rock Club). My clothes are becoming as versatile as I am. I think that was part of growing up ...
But looks like I still do not!
0 comments:
Post a Comment